Saturday, August 22, 2009

Coke won't send you to hell

So today I was on my lunch break at work enjoying my Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich, when Trace asked me if I was having it with a Coke. Ever since I was a kid Trace would torment me by asking if I wanted a Coke or if I was drinking a Coke.
I guess at some point in time people got the idea that LDS (Latter-Day Saints aka Mormons) can't drink Coke or Pepsi or other caffeinated beverages. I would like to dispel this myth. No where in Mormon doctrine does is state that Coke, Pepsi, or any other caffeinated soft drink is prohibited. Now with that clear, there are a lot of LDS who refrain from drinking caffeinated soft drinks, This is a personal/cultural decision, not one based on doctrine. Next time you try to send your favorite Mormon to hell by offering him or her a Coke, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment